To provide quality storm water services to the residents of Grand Chute in a manner which protects human and environmental health and emphasizes sound management of fiscal and natural resources.
In 1997, the Town of Grand Chute created Sanitary District #3 to address storm water management issues throughout the Town of Grand Chute. Sanitary District #3 maintains over 25 miles of storm sewer. It also helps clean out waterways that have silted up over the years and impede the natural flow of storm water. The biggest project undertaken by Sanitary District #3 was the construction of a storm water detention pond along USH 41 just south of Fox Valley Technical College. This pond holds storm water that might otherwise go downstream during the peak of a storm event.
Sanitary District #3 funds are also used to modernize storm sewer systems. New developments in urbanized areas are required to install curb, gutter, and storm sewer. In certain areas, streets have been retrofitted with curb and gutter to replace old ditches. As streets are scheduled for improvement, Sanitary District #3 will consider urbanizing the street with curb, gutter, and storm sewer. Sanitary District #3 funds are used to keep special assessment charges to a minimum so that the cost of storm sewer does not become a financial burden for residents and businesses.
Services provided by Sanitary District Number 3 include:
- Operate, maintain and construct and repair the storm water control facilities within Grand Chute
- Locate storm sewer lines within the right of way
- Infrastructure planning, construction and maintenance
- Create a dedicated funding source for storm water management
- Collect fees for storm water management from all properties that generate storm water runoff in Grand Chute
- Create public improvements to assist in the management of storm water in the Town of Grand Chute.
||Department of Public Works
Click here to email
||1900 W. Grand Chute Boulevard
Grand Chute, WI 54913-9613