|Apr. 4, 2019 - Parks Beautification Committee
The Town of Grand Chute Parks and Recreation Department is currently looking for volunteers to join our Beautification Committee. Below is a description of responsibilities and information on how to join-
The Beautification Committee is a group of Grand Chute Residents who work on projects, such as planting, clean-up and beautification, primarily of the Town Center Park flower beds and trees, pocket parks, playground, picnic, and pond areas.
Duties – The committee will explore and help implement a variety of beautification efforts, working with the Parks Department, community organizations, and others to promote and enhance natural, private and public areas in the Town, including:
- Town Parks (Lions, Prairie Hill, Patriot, Carter Woods, Arrowhead, Maple Edge, Town Center)
- Pocket Parks
- Park sign flower beds
- Pond invasive species
- Town Center Park median sign
- Other public spaces as appropriate
- Assist in tree planting efforts, including advising on a community tree management program (per Tree City USA requirements), coordinating an Adopt-A-Tree program for area residents, and leading on the Town’s annual Arbor Day celebration
- Partner with existing groups and organizations to drive organized clean-up activities in the Town parks and green spaces
- Develop and implement a landscape (residential and business) award program and other efforts to encourage residents and businesses to beautify their properties
- Assist with Annual Town events such as Arbor Day, National Trails Day, Earth Day, etc.
- Educate and engage residents in other beautification projects as developed
If you are interested in joining the Beautification Committee please contact Mike Arft at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 380-2948.