The Town of Grand Chute Parks and Recreation Department is always looking for volunteers to join our Beautification Committee! Below is a description of responsibilities, and information on how to join.
The Beautification Committee is a group of Grand Chute residents who work on projects such as planting, clean-up, and beautification, primarily of the Town Center Park flower beds and trees, pocket parks, playground, picnic, and pond areas.
The Committee will explore and help implement a variety of beautification efforts, working with the Parks Department, community organizations, and others to promote and enhance natural, private and public areas in the Town, including:
- Town Parks (Arrowhead, Carter Woods, Lions, Maple Edge, Patriot, Prairie Hill, Town Center)
- Pocket Parks
- Park sign flower beds
- Pond invasive species
- Town Center Park median sign
- Other public spaces as deemed appropriate
- Assist in tree planting efforts, advising on a community tree management program (per Tree City USA requirements), and coordinating an Adopt-A-Tree Program for residents
- Partner with existing groups and organizations to drive organized clean-up activities in Town parks and green spaces
- Develop and implement a landscape (residential and business) award program and other efforts to encourage residents and businesses to beautify their properties
- Assist with annual Town events such as Arbor Day, National Trails Day, Earth Day, etc.
- Educate and engage residents in other beautification projects as developed